Monday, February 22, 2010

Edutopia Video

I have always been a person to accept new challenges and move forward with them, but I never realized how fast things were moving around me while I have been standing still! I pulled a great video from edutopia.com called "Welcome to the Digital Generation," and it really hit home. The movie clip basically discusses how children are bored with the traditional way of teaching in the classrooms. They have been using technology since early ages and are motivated when they use it to learn. It goes on to discuss how students want to be connected and using all of the different forms of technology that are available.
Kids today feel very comfortable using any form of technology. A parent in the video talked about how his son doesn't read the "How To Guide" anymore, his son just jumps in and tries it out. Some adults are a little more hesitant about just jumping in with new technology. They seem to be the only ones worried about breaking something.
I was definitely motivated after watching this video "Welcome to the Digital Generation!" I am excited about the things I do in my classroom with technology, but it motivates me to want to do more! I was especially motivated after watching the "Pay Attention" video. Kids of all ages are working with technology and learning at rapid rate. They are pulled in by anything that is digital. Even a simple camera captivates kids! I don't want to be stuck in the dark ages with technology. It is changing daily and by the time we learn it, there is already something else out there that is even better! As teachers, we have to be willing to try it all!

http://deimos3.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/Feed/edutopia.org.1648591016.01648591018











No comments:

Post a Comment